Welcome Dr Salena Bhanji, Doctor of Counselling Psychology
British trained, warm, authentic, integrative, and with a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, Dr Salena brings a wealth of experience built over 18 years to our team. Dr Salena Bhanji has a special interest in working with adults and young adults with emotional and eating disorders.
Mindworx Psychology is incredibly excited to welcome Dr Salena to our team in the Hills District (Norwest).
Dr Salena uses a wide range therapeutic approaches integratively and eclectically to meet the needs of her clients.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT),
- Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT),
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT),
- Schema Therapy,
- Metacognitive Therapy (MT),
- Existential Psychotherapy,
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT),
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET),
- Brief Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, and
- Group-based Family Therapy.
Dr Salena’s clinical experience as a Doctor of Counselling Psychology spans inpatient and outpatient hospital settings, community mental health services, and private practice. She works predominantly with adults and older adolescents, seeing a broad range of clinical presentations, including:
- anxiety and panic
- low mood and depression
- adjustment disorders
- grief and loss
- interpersonal problems
- eating disorders including binge eating
- emotional regulation
- borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- general mental health
A significant area of interest and professional practice is in Mindful Eating approaches for Binge Eating and Bulimia, in addition to working with carers of those with an eating disorder. Salena offers both group programs and individual consultations at Mindworx Psychology for adults and adolescents.
Compassionate, friendly and approachable, Dr Salena sees clients by appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.